(meteorobs) Hazy sky

pzeller1966 pzeller1966 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 13:13:15 EDT 2014

Paul Martsching's post has me wondering if there isn't something going on
with the atmosphere over the Midwest this week. I've had the same
experience in Indiana. On nights that were forecast to be crystal clear
with relatively low humidity there's been a persistent haze that has really
cut my limiting magnitude and discouraged observing. This morning it was
about +3.8 and I can usually get close to +5.0 or higher even though I'm in
the Indianapolis suburbs. I'm wondering if the weather systems passing
through have brought in wildfire smoke from out west?