(meteorobs) Many fireball Perseids of Roma

Roberto me3540 at mclink.it
Thu Aug 14 10:38:37 EDT 2014

Night pass (between 13 and 14 August) was full of fireballs Perseids rare
thing since we are a day after Max.
Here we see the most glaring and my bolide brighter Perseide never resumed
(resume the Perseids in video or photo from 1981).
The image is taken from my videocamera mintron where an attached one obb.
8mm f/0.8 and 0.8 and 4 days, around the max. of the Perseids, is doing the
shoot from 22 to 5 am local  (from 20h to 03h UT) for a total of 7 hours.
Bad luck wants over the presence of the Moon in Rome at night there is haze
and is often very cloudy.
So instead of 7 hours to take effect, only considering the clouds and
certainly not the haze and the heavy presence of the Moon, were 3/4 hours
real. Even so in two night I took about a hundred meteors.
Amazing thing but last night with 5 fireballs in only 4.49 hours of actual
footage!
On average during the maximum (and not the next day) I can only shoot a
fireball in 7 hours.
The Perseids are not rich of fireballs and if then we consider that it was
the day after the max. ... well it was a particular thing.
Here's the fireball in the image of many frames. It's made to steps, at
least it seems at first, because the video is interlaced, and then then
reconverted but the bmp image (which then becomes jpg for posting it here)
has this curious shape. In the image there are several hot pixels (some
deleted by me) and the North to the left and East is below. The small area
centered around the equivalent of an obb. 24x36 by 43 mm focal length
(approximately 54gradi diagonal).
The fireball made a powerful final flare to illuminate a little heaven and
haze!
Among other things remained visible not only the trail but in the flare one
more obvious trace of plasma to the eye would have been much brighter than
the milky way!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121304557@N03/14913512381/sizes/o/
Clear skies,
Roberto Haver