(meteorobs) Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Meteors from Aries / Cetus?

George Gliba gliba at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Aug 29 09:13:58 EDT 2014

I wasn't able to get out and observe last night, but even though we both
saw a
few from this area, they still most probably were sporadics.  The two
hours that
I noticed a possible radiant association with 4 meteors I also saw 16
sporadic
meteors!  Unless other observers saw this suspected radiant too I am
still going
to call them sporadics, which means I saw 20 sporadic meteors in two
hours. This
time of the year we are going into the highest sporadic rates. So, this
makes it
especially hard to see a minor radiant visually unless the hourly rate
is at least 4
or 5 per hour.

Starry Skies,
GWG