(meteorobs) Quick GEM report from southern Maryland

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 07:55:14 EST 2014

Hi Rich,
     It began to pick up a little after your session.  I was out last night
from 0330 UT to 0430 UT under 6.0 LM skies (before the moon rose at 0412
UT, that is) and managed 15 GEMs and 3 SPOs during the hour from my trusty
roof top here in St. Augustine.  I had about six of those GEMs between 0415
- 0430 UT.   GEM activity was on the rise at that point for sure, but with
the moon rising and temps around 35 degrees F (pretty cold for warm-blooded
Floridians...;o) , I decided to save it up for tonight and tomorrow night.
    Concur on your mag  range - mine were also +1 to +4... mostly faint.
The weather forecast looks great for us here in north FLA through Monday,
so I hope to see many more in the next two nights!   More complete report
on last night to follow...

Clear skies with many bright GEMs to all, Paul in St. Augustine, FLA