(meteorobs) Old and New SkyCam Pedestal

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 14 04:47:02 EST 2014

I will soon deploy my newly designed SkyCam Pedestal. I deployed a Pedestal
over a year ago with limited success. The reason I made another, the
original is too small inside. The new Pedestal is more than twice as tall.

The new pedestal...

1. costs below $50.
2. has an easily replaceable window.
3. is extremely durable in all weather conditions.
4. accommodates most modern cameras and lenses without any other device
beside the camera inside the Pedestal.
5. allows easy adjustment of camera and lens with one hand though threaded
Window port.
6. has an energy efficient Thermostat-Fan-Heater combination operating on 6
to 12 VDC, depending on weather conditions and length of power feed wire.
7. consists of hardware available at local, Radio Shack, home store, and
WalMart (except Camera and Lens).
8. is easily assembled with a minimum of modification and tools.
9. has no high voltages.
10. easily Lightning proofed.

I will publish details of its construction if I receive interested inquires.

Jay Salsburg