(meteorobs) new meteor shower

Valentin Grigore vali_sarm at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 3 04:10:46 EST 2014

 Hi to all,

I know that all meteor observers are focused to Quadrantids tonight.
But I call all observers, visual and photographic, to give attention for any meteor coming from a radiant located in Cassiopeia.
It is possible to be a new meteor shower that must be confirmed. I observed last year on January 3 a -5 mag fireball (captured with my Canon 50D camera, too) and other 4 meteors coming from same area.
The elements are here (radiant position and velocity):
α =332.8°, δ = 55.8° and VG = 13.5 km/s (Jeremie Vaubaillon)
or
α =20°, δ =58° and VG = 16.4 km/s (Central European Meteor Network)
Period of interest for observations is December 30 - January 6.

I am interested for any report concerning this position.
Thank you!

Valentin
--
Valentin Grigore
e-mail: vali_sarm at yahoo.com, vali.grigore at gmail.com
http://www.cosmopoetry.ro/tbos/Pages/A_1111.html
http://www.eso.org/public/romania

www.sarm.ro
http://sarm.astroclubul.org/1998-2004
http://www.cosmopoetry.ro

SARM is the national astronomical society of Romania and youth NGO