(meteorobs) What is the PCA meteor shower currently active?

Pierre Martin pmartin at teksavvy.com
Sat Jul 19 18:06:42 EDT 2014

Hello list,

The past few days, I noticed that the Canadian Meteor Orbit Radar at http://fireballs.ndc.nasa.gov is showing an active radiant just north of Cassiopeia with the three letter code "PCA".  The plotted meteors appear to be medium-fast velocity, and the radiant seems very wide.

Does anyone know what this shower is?

Bob Lunsford's Meteor Activity Outlook does not make any mention about this radiant.

I am wondering if some of the early Perseids seen in July actually belong to this shower?

Any insight would be appreciated :)

Clear skies!
Pierre