(meteorobs) What is the PCA meteor shower currently active?

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Tue Jul 22 20:02:52 EDT 2014

George,

The CMOR system is highly sensitive and able to detect meteors down to magnitude +8. I would imagine that a great majority of this PCA activity is faint and beyond the limits of visual observers. Yet I will mention this activity in my next activity outlook and encourage observers to monitor this activity. BTW, this position is close to the current location of the Perseid radiant but I would not expect this type of activity from the Perseids in mid-July.

Robert Lunsford

---- "George S. Williams" <ra at websterling.com> wrote:
> Hello, Robert,

All that aside, the CMOR has been showing significant activity from a
region they label as the PCA radiant. There has been activity for the
past week or so. So, relatively strong and for an extended period of
time. The IAU lists the shower as established with its particulars at
the link I previously provided.

I'm also seeing enhanced forward scatter rates.

Just my observations,
George