(meteorobs) Backscatter RADAR

Cliff Sojourner cls at employees.org
Sun Jun 1 23:25:48 EDT 2014

this is a great conversation.

I am surprised no one has yet mentioned John Felding ZS5JF's book
"Amateur Radio Astronomy" - chapter 7 details a 50MHz meteor radar system!

he uses a 60 degree corner reflector (horn) antenna, which is a great
choice.  it takes a lot of power, 1kW or more if you can get it, and it
takes a very good (quiet) preamp.

also check out chapter 12, "The Science of Meteor Scatter"

Cliff K6CLS