(meteorobs) Lens question for meteors

Michael Boschat andromed at dal.ca
Fri Jun 13 13:40:04 EDT 2014

Hi:

I have a ZWO Optical ASI120MC ccd camera that came with a 2.1mm wide angle lens. I wish to use a better one for

meteors and they sell one called:

CS lens 2.8mm-12mm F1.4              for $39 + courrier from China ship.

on ebay there is 2 types:

they are :

CS Mount 1/3" 6-15mm F1.4 Zoom Varifocal Iris CCTV Lens

and

2.8-10mm CCTV Security Camera Varifocal Lens 1/3" CS Mount F1.4 Manual Iris Wide

Is there a great difference in sky coverage if I order the less expensive one which is the 6-15mm or would the 2.8-10mm be better to get?

Clear skies
Michael Boschat
Halifax Center - Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Astronomy page:  http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa063