(meteorobs) Lens question for meteors

Michael Boschat andromed at dal.ca
Fri Jun 13 14:10:15 EDT 2014

Hi Chris:

> What sky coverage do you want? With a 1/3" sensor, you need a 1.3 mm FL
> lens to get 180° on the long axis.

With the one I have it covers they say 150 degrees.  it is the 2.1mm 1/3"

> What is the problem with the 2.1 mm lens that came with the camera?

Nothing .. I just thought a better type lens of 2.8-12 or 6-12mm would give closer sky areas and
 better meteors to capture maybe +2 or so. I just see these images online and my one I can see
just brighter stars and not the full parts of the constellations like the others.

Mike