(meteorobs) Lens question for meteors

Roman Piffl ceres at global.sk
Fri Jun 13 15:01:20 EDT 2014

Hi,
here are my tests, you can see differencies between that "fabric" 2.1mm
semi-fish-eye (155° fov) lens and Fujinon fish-eye - about 2 magnitudes...

http://bit.ly/1haawhw

Better lens is better sensitive and faster - on spring we’ve tested 10 fast
lenses (see attachment) and transparency is also important...

On picture:
cameras:
asi zwo 120 mm
watec 902H2U
watec 910 HX
sony effio ve6047osd
kpf130hr
pr blackfly 0.9
dmk 23g445
tayama 4702 modify
tayama 3102

lenses:
computar 8 f1.3 mpx
computar 3.5-10.5 f1.0 1/3"
goyo 3-8 f0.95 1/3"
xtendlan 2.8 f1.0
fujinon 2.9-8 f0.95 DC 1/3"
tamron 3-8 f1.0 1/3"
fujinon 2.9-8 f0.95 1/3"
pentax 16 f1.4
fujinon 1.8 f1.4 2/3"
tokina 3-8.2 f0.98 1/3"

Worst lens is fujinon 2.9-8 f0.95 1/3" - don’t buy it...

Btw, for good sensitivity for low light objects moving detection you also
need as sharp picture as possible. We have about 3.000.000 single video
meteors in our database and after years we’ve tested many cameras with many
lenses...

Roman