(meteorobs) Big enhancement on 55MHz

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Thu Jun 19 19:01:19 EDT 2014

For anyone wanting to check out meteor returns on the old analog TV
channel 2 frequencies, 55MHz is currently (2250 UTC June 19)
extremely enhanced here in the metro Detroit area.

Where I usually see two (one very weak) stations on Ch2c, I currently
see five.

Ch2a is a total mishmash.  Looks like five as well, plus the CW
carrier from the local cable outgress.

Ch2a shows four or more... hard to separate out the carriers from the
sidebands.

Many of the enhanced carriers shows few if any meteors, probably due
to geometry or perhaps they are more than one hop.  But your geometry
might be different.

6M (ham) seems enhanced to the south, so maybe you southerners can
temporarily get some meteors?

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, MI