(meteorobs) No more meteors on analog channel 2?

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Wed Jun 25 20:57:56 EDT 2014

At 06:45 PM 6/25/2014, you wrote:
>Here in North Texas, signals are present on Channel 2, A, B and
>C!  Sporadic E propagation has made it difficult to discern meteors
>from the continuous E-layer signal.  Not sure of the directions, but
>last time I checked, a couple were from the northeast, but several
>were from the southwest and probably originate either along the U.S.
>/ Mexican border area or from within Mexico.
>
>Sam Barricklow

Interesting you are getting one to the northeast.  I wonder what they
are?  I thought all US based high powered analog was off the air by now.

As of this afternoon, my CH2c station is as good as ever and
producing meteors.

Note that it went off the air for about an hour a month or so
back.  I have also observed it to once or twice "wobble" in frequency
by about 20-30 Hz.  Usually it is stable as a rock.  And no, it was
not my rig.... a second very weak signal never deviated in frequency.

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, MI
pgoelz at comcast.net