(meteorobs) Cable help!

bob alongi bob71741 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 9 09:16:39 EDT 2014

On Sat, 3/8/14, Ed Majden <epmajden at shaw.ca> wrote:

 Subject: (meteorobs) Cable help!
 To: "Chris Peterson" <clp at alumni.caltech.edu>
 Cc: "Meteor science and meteor observing" <meteorobs at meteorobs.org>
 Date: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 11:25 AM

  Ed - Sorry, but from the picture that I had, the connector had the outline of the USB "B" connector. The image that you just sent shows a connector made by several manufacturers-usually Amphenol and/or Molex. I briefly checked the DigiKey web site, but there are too many types to preview without a part number. The problem with finding the mate is that it would not be a cable assembly; just a connector with crimp style contacts of which you do not have the proper tools to assemble.
If you or a friend is handy with soldering or making cable assemblies, you may just want to cut the cable and solder in extension wires. Sorry that I could not be of more help, but I have been out the industry for 15 years now and do not have the proper hard copy references to search further.

Regards
Bob

____
 meteorobs mailing list