(meteorobs) IMC 2014

Jean-L. RAULT f6agr at orange.fr
Tue Mar 18 04:13:58 EDT 2014

Dear Meteor Friends,

Having all the details confirmed about our next International Meteor
Conference we invite you to take a look at the 2014 IMC website:
http://www.imo.net/imc2014.  Help us to bring meteor observers together
and share this announcement with your national, regional or local
astronomy association, your Facebook friends or other social media. Help
us to get this message spread among all meteor observers.

The 33^rd IMC will take place in Giron, France, from Thursday 18 till
Sunday 21 September 2014.

Giron is a small village located in the south of the Jura Mountains
close to Geneva, the region is easily reachable by air (Geneva or Lyon
airport), by train (TGV high speed train from Paris and InterCity trains
from Geneva railway station) and by car (highway A40 Lyon-Chamonix).

Participants will be accommodated mainly at "Chalet de la Fauconière
<http://www.liguefol01.com/decouvertes/interieur_decouverte_chalet_fauconniere.php>"
a huge chalet with 150 beds, lecture rooms, bars, etc. Another structure
called "Centre Accueil Montagnard
<http://www.giron-1000.com/medias/CAM_ANGLAIS.pdf>" is also available at
1 km from this Chalet. A visit to CERN will be organized on Saturday
afternoon.

The 2014 IMC registration fee is *EUR170* for a shared room in a
dormitory, EUR195 for a double room and EUR220 for a single room. These
reduced rates for early bookers are valid on condition the payment is
made no later than on *30 June 2014*. After this date all fees are EUR15
more expensive. The deadline for registration will be *31 August 2014*.
The LOC can be contacted via email on imc2014 at imo.net
<mailto:imc2014 at imo.net>. This is the third time the IMC is organized in
France.

Once people experience an IMC they want to be at the next conference
while for those who never experienced this event some extra motivation
may be required. For people interested in meteors there is no better way
to experience meteor astronomy than the IMC. A conference is about
lectures and posters, but there is much more such as the interaction
between meteor enthusiasts during the informal socializing. A touch of
what to expect from the presentations can be found here:
http://www.imo.net/imc2012/proceedings, impressions of the previous IMC
can be watched here: http://www.imo.net/imo/imc/2013or if you are
curious about all previous IMC's, look here:
http://www.imo.net/imo/imc/history.

We look forward to welcome you at our next IMC in Giron, France.

Best regards,

The IMO and the Local Organizing Committee