(meteorobs) Deficit of southern meteor streams apparently confirmed

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 26 21:23:53 EDT 2014

It occurs to me that the human factor together with antiquated technology
mentioned below by Ed Cannon, may be the source of the "significant deficit
of radiants in the southern sky."

Ask yourself these questions...

Is Meteor Observation using only a spattering of human beings and video
recordings Science?
Can new technology replace/upgrade the antiquated, spotty distribution of
All Sky Video recorders to bring Meteor Observation into the 21st Century?
How may Meteors be detected outside Earth with uniform spatial imaging?
Can optical detection from Space (LEO Satellites) be a viable source of
data?

Finally... Why is there no activity (on this and other lists) to develop and
deploy new technology for Meteor Observation?