(meteorobs) Deficit of southern meteor streams apparently confirmed

dfischer at astro.uni-bonn.de dfischer at astro.uni-bonn.de
Wed Mar 26 21:35:21 EDT 2014

> It occurs to me that the human factor together with antiquated technology
> mentioned below by Ed Cannon, may be the source of the "significant
> deficit of radiants in the southern sky."

Err, how many decades ago did you get up to date the last time w.r.t. the
state of technology and analysis of international meteor video observing
networks? I could recommend http://www.imonet.org for starters (and there
are similar networks at work in many other parts of the world as well).
The full paper describing the latest analysis - and confirmation of the
southern deficit - will be in WGN soon.

Daniel (hoping for a *serious* discussion then)