(meteorobs) Question - radio meteor

Michael Boschat andromed at dal.ca
Mon May 5 10:10:03 EDT 2014

Hi:

Well, up here in Halifax,NS,Canada 44N 63W there is not many analogue stations now, I still

use 83.24 MHz and hear a few meteors, rest of frequencies 67.24,55.24 I hear nothing at all. I have no

idea what others are hearing at 61 MHz! tried but nothing.

Anyway, just a curosity question. I listen in CW mode but a few times messing around I listened

on AM mode and heard odd meteor pings just like a tuning fork. Why can I hear theses on AM ? Is this

the same AM as our radio use?     wish we could use AM!     I am just at a loss now to find some

frequency to try.

I'm in an apartment on the top floor and this part of the city is * supposed * to be the highest.. I'm about 57 meters

above sea level.

Clear skies
Michael Boschat
Halifax Center - Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Astronomy page:  http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa063