(meteorobs) Question - radio meteor

Przemysław Żołądek brahi at op.pl
Mon May 5 16:20:32 EDT 2014

Hi,

I remember 2010 Perseids in Poland when i've tried to observe with AM
receiver on ~59.75MHz. Meteor echoes were easily audible as a loud
whistling sounds. There was a 5 element log-period antenna used and
transmitters were also very strong, located 300km away, these pings were
audible with very strong signal and with plenty of TV stations on this
frequency
Currently my radio receiver listen on 49.75MHz in CW mode. Old one
receiver working with AM modulation is sometimes switched on for some
comparisons. Only the strongest echoes doing some king of mess in AM
background noise, CW is much more usable for meteors ;)

Best greetings

Przemyslaw Zoladek
PFN