(meteorobs) Possible Camelopardalid

David david at jarnac.org
Sat May 17 15:12:42 EDT 2014

Aboiut a week ago I sent a message which didn't make it to the list,
that I did see what I am now more confident might be a precursor to
the coming Camelopardalid meteor shower.  Mine waspn 7 May at about
08h UT.  It came right out of the radiant, and soared eastward.  It
was about magnitude minus 2, and it moved slowly toward the east and
lasted about 4 seconds.  Considering the other reports, partiocularly
from Europe, I am now more confident that this was an early member of
the new shower.

Good luck everyone!  I expect to be watching that night from Big
Bear, California.

David H. Levy

---