(meteorobs) Sporadic E happening May 04 2014 - Halley dust?

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Mon May 5 17:46:51 EDT 2014

Hello

Perhaps the current Solar Max is the source of sporadic lower E gas.

From: http://spaceweather.com/: Monday, May. 5, 2014

2014 Lunar Eclipse Live

METEORS FROM HALLEY'S COMET--TONIGHT: Earth is passing through a stream of
debris from Halley's Comet, source of the annual eta Aquarid meteor shower.
Forecasters expect the shower to peak on the night of May 5-6 with as many
as 60 meteors per hour in the southern hemisphere and half that number in
the north. No matter where you live, the best time to look is during the
dark hours before local sunrise on May 6th. [photo gallery] [meteor radar]

WESTERN SUNSPOTS: Sunspot AR2051 has a 'delta-class' magnetic field that
harbors energy for strong X-class solar flares. The sunspot is not directly
facing Earth, which mitigates its threat. However, it is moving to a
location that is in some ways even more dangerous than the Earth-facing
center of the solar disk. Watch the movie, then read on for details: