(meteorobs) Camelopardalid seen

pzeller1966 pzeller1966 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 05:23:38 EDT 2014

  Hello all. I was able to get in an hour of meteor watching this morning
between 4:00 AM - 5:00 AM (8:00 - 9:00 UT May 23). The sky was mostly clear
but a haze or light fog kept my limiting magnitude to 4.66. I kept my gaze
high to the North. I can confirm seeing one Camelopardalid meteor at 8:07
UT, 4.0 magnitude in brightness. No train visible. It was definitely moving
from the direction of the expected radiant for this shower. Unfortunately I
saw no others during that hour of watching. I'm still hoping for clear
skies and a real show tomorrow morning! Paul