(meteorobs) fireball camelopardalid

trigo at ieec.uab.es trigo at ieec.uab.es
Fri May 23 06:48:17 EDT 2014

> On May 22, 2014, at 8:32 AM, Skywayinc at aol.com wrote:
>
>> Audibly impressive . . . but has anybody made anymore possible CAM
>> sightings of late?
>>

> Can any radio observers speak to if they are hearing the same thing and
> equally impressed?
>
> Does this constitute data for the meteor stream?

Dear Steven et al.,

Please forgive me for being party poopers, but we think you are wrong
about the origin of that signal. The echoes you are hearing are probably
from a propagation that is called Sporadic E. Our SPMN colleague (Gonzalo
Morillas) is doing radio monitoring from Jaén (Spain) in a higher VHF
frequency (French radiostation GRAVES) at about 143.05 MHz where such
effect should be much lower. In such frequency there is nothing unusual
(yet).

In any case, our first Camelopardalid bolide over Spain occurred yesterday
and will be soon posted on our SPMN bolide list:
http://www.spmn.uji.es/ESP/SPMNlist.html

Best regards,

 Dr. Josep M. Trigo-Rodriguez
 Tenured Scientist at the Institute of Space Sciences (ICE, CSIC-IEEC)
 P.I. ICE Group on Meteorites, Minor bodies, and Planetary Sciences
 Group research goals:
http://www.ice.csic.es/en/view_research_line.php?RID=16
 Campus UAB, Sciences Faculty
 Tower C-5, even, 2ond floor
 08193 Bellaterra (Barcelona), SPAIN
 Homepage: http://www.spmn.uji.es/ESP/trigo.html
 E-mail: trigo at ice.csic.es
 Telephone: +(34)935814778 ;  Fax: +(34)935814363