(meteorobs) May Camelopardalid plans

Samuel Barricklow k5kj at mac.com
Fri May 23 14:37:01 EDT 2014

Paul,

At least one of the two transmitters must not be too far away since you are picking up aircraft reflections.

However, on the 2 meter band, I have worked stations in southern Kansas by reflecting signals off of aircraft passing over Oklahoma.  So, the aircraft would have to have been within line of sight at both locations, unless tropospheric bending allowed the use of aircraft beyond “normal” line of sight.

Sam - K5KJ