(meteorobs) quick CAM report - 0 from Greece

Steven Kolins smkolins at mac.com
Sat May 24 03:34:00 EDT 2014

On May 24, 2014, at 2:48 AM, Alex Daskalakis <sw1nzx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello good morning all
> By now i assume that the N. American contigent is in "Aaaah"s and "Ooooohs" from CAMs.
> Did a 1.5 hour stint at 00:00utc till 01:30utc LM 4 last night and nothing seen.
>
> Expecting that the rest of you have better news.. :)

2-3am, 0 looking centered on the summer triangle, 0 CAMS, 2 others (both headed north roughly - Lyrids or Aquarids?
3-3:30am (cam in a few minutes ago), 1, mag 3? traveling south possibly in the constellation of Scutum (Sagittarius was in some trees.)

Judging from some stars in the neck of Cygnus and checking in Stellarium limiting magnitude was 5 (I could see 4.9 stars with averted vision but not 5.5) I’m in central NC.

Milky Way was beautiful. Nice clear night.

Steven Kolins
mailto:smkolins at mac.com
http://smk99.blogspot.com/
Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart!