(meteorobs) 1 CAM + 9 SPO report from France (south)

chrismlt at laposte.net chrismlt at laposte.net
Sat May 24 03:55:45 EDT 2014

Alex,

The CAM I saw came from the N and goes in Oph to Sagittarius. It was a meteor, very slow.

Also, as you noticed, I saw something strange in Cygnus, then Del to the S-East. At first I thought it was a plane, but it was too slow for a plane, and it was slowly "blinking" with a white light, mag 2-3 perhaps, sometime less ... I think it was late in the night but did not look at the clock. I never seen such a satellite. Not sure about the path, cause I only had a marginal look at it.

Also at 0H04 I saw a meteor which was like a CAM (same radiant), but it was a quick meteor ; I counted it as a SPO.

Cheers,
Christophe

> Message du 24/05/14 09:38
> De : "Alex Daskalakis"
> A : chrismlt at laposte.net, "Meteor science and meteor observing"
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: (meteorobs) 1 CAM + 9 SPO report from France (south)
>
> Christophe bonjour
> Was this meteor seen heading north between Ursa Major and Ursa Minor ? I thought i saw what looked to be like a satellite flare but very very slow, around the same time you mention and i dismissed it as a CAM..
> Best regardsAlex

Dear all,