(meteorobs) Camelopardalids: Very disappointing!

skywayinc at aol.com skywayinc at aol.com
Sat May 24 04:14:42 EDT 2014

Just a short note here to say that the "CAMs" were pretty much a bust as seen from here in Dunmore, West Virginia.  Indeed, these meteors certainly could have done more.  Renate and I watched from the comfort of two lounge chairs under a beautiful sky that conservatively was no worse than magnitude 6, with a spectacular Milky Way stretching from Cassiopeia to Scorpius. We were out from 1:45 to 3:30 a.m. EDT and saw 8 possible Camelopardalids. The best one by far was a slow moving dazzler of at least -5 magnitude at 3:20 a.m., which appeared below Arcturus.  That was pretty much the highlight. . . we waited for
a possible  bevy of meteors to appear but what few we did see were few and far between.    :o/

-- joe rao

Sent from AOL Mobile Mai