(meteorobs) CAM's from SoCal

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Sat May 24 06:23:41 EDT 2014

I had to drive over 100 miles eastward into Imperial County to escape the low clouds and fog over San Diego. My son and I pulled over in a clearing off highway 98 to see what we could. There were plenty of lights but at least the sky was clear. LM estimate was probably near +6.0. The temperature was in the low 70's F but the wind was blowing hard out of the west so it felt chilly. Meteors were scarce with only 2 CAM's and perhaps a dozen others being seen from 5:15 to 8:30 UT. The 2 CAMS were -1 and -3. Both were distinctly orange and the brighter one fragmented. Very nice meteors but we certainly expected more for our efforts :-(

Bob Lunsford