(meteorobs) Another way to monitor a meteor shower....

Raydel Abreu (CM2ESP) cm2esp at gmail.com
Mon May 26 09:16:25 EDT 2014

Hello all,

It has been a long time since my last meteor observation and report. Work
commitments and other difficulties had keep me away of the meteor radio
observation.

However, one of my current task at my work place is the development and
maintenance of a new acquisition system for the ionospheric sounder of the
Institute of Geophysics and Astronomy.

When monitoring the data I am very happy to watch how during the last few
days mostly all of our ionograms has sporadic layers, probably due to the
meteor stream.

For all those interested in watch a meteor shower from another perspective
here is the link for the real time ionograms from the station I work.

http://www.iga.cu/Departamentos/estacion-ionosferica/ips42.html

I will try to compile an small report regarding the number sporadic layers
during the last few days. Not all sporadic layers may have a meteor origin,
but it will be nice to see how does the umbers behave during this
particular shower.

Best wishes,

Raydel, CM2ESP
Havana, Cuba.