(meteorobs) CAM results in 2014 and prospects for 2019

Esko Lyytinen esko.lyytinen at jippii.fi
Tue May 27 05:01:05 EDT 2014

I also thank all the observers of this and also other modelers !
And I also thank Mikhail on the 2019 / 1939 trail encounter information,
below !

My calculations and checkings of possible future encounters is very far
from complete, but in a quick check I found that the 2009 trail would be
encountered in 2019. These meteoroids would be with negative da0 (which
would further complicate the prediction of rates) and the relevant part
of the track passes in 2014 (about just now) within a few thousandths of
au from the Earth. This disturbs the trail, so the fM is a lot smaller
than typical for 2-rev trails. Can you Mikhail however verify this
encounter when your time may allow, please :)

Esko