(meteorobs) A bright skyflash in the Ural region

karl.antier at laposte.net karl.antier at laposte.net
Wed Nov 19 11:13:49 EST 2014

Hi Kevin and all,

> I wonder if there any seismographs in the area that would have registered this event?

It mainly depends on the type of event that actually happened on the ground.
If it's a real explosion, then it may have been recorded by seismographs that were not too far away from the site.
In the case it was a kind of releas of gas that were ignite and burnt in the atmosphere, that won't be observed on seismograms.
Depending on what is recorded on a potentially close seismograph, we could probably define what type of source can have produce such a flashlight.

Clear skies (or  bright clouds ;-) !
Karl