(meteorobs) Heat required to prevent dew in a box for allsky camera

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Nov 22 13:01:25 EST 2014

The Sandia design isn't the best. In fact, for a video system (as
opposed to the DSLR case that started this discussion) there is no need
for heaters at all. The electronics in the enclosure generates enough
waste heat to keep the dome dew and frost free under the worst of
conditions. All that is required is a simple internal circulation system.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com