(meteorobs) Heat required to prevent dew in a box for allsky camera

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Nov 22 15:25:50 EST 2014

Well, like I said, the Sandia design isn't very good. Radiant heat is
not a very efficient way to raise the temperature of acrylic. Convection
is much more efficient, and therefore you need much less energy to get
the job done.

My camera design is operating all over the world, from the arctic to the
tropics. It simply doesn't dew up, under any conditions. The convective
heating system can always maintain the dome above the dew point, with
nothing more than the camera (and usually, it's power supply) providing
the heat.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory