(meteorobs) Heat required to prevent dew in a box for allsky camera

James Beauchamp falcon99 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 22 15:37:51 EST 2014

The fan does a good job of moving the air, but they fail about every six months in mine, resulting in uneven heating.  Before reducing the heat, the natural convection in a failed fan situation caused it to melt the acrylic dome in two distinct spots.

I did send a recommendation to put the resistors in series, or increase their value to bring it down to 20 watts or so.

I bought a small lot of 2" fans from All Electronics and check it regularly.

Sent from my iPad