(meteorobs) Heat required to prevent dew in a box for allsky camera

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Nov 22 15:50:27 EST 2014

A good ball bearing fan should last for years. In fact, in more than ten
years and dozens of cameras we've never had one fail. If the fan were to
fail in one of my cameras, all that would happen is that the dome would
be susceptible to dewing. It couldn't result in an ugly failure of any
components or melting of the dome.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory