(meteorobs) Heat required to prevent dew in a box for allsky camera

Jim Wooddell nf114ec at npgcable.com
Sat Nov 22 19:25:31 EST 2014

Hi All,

I would have never designed a system like Sandia did.  However, it works
very well with a bunch in service in many parts of the world.
It can be improved, but I would wager any design can be improved.
We could argue this all day long! Hard to argue with a network
of cameras that simply works, is available to the public 24/7, etc.

Air circulation in the camera mount is good and is forced circulation
from on side to the other.  I had reduced the temperature control
setting at install and (knock on wood) have never had any issues.

My issue was/is with the false pretense statements made that the camera
system is unsafe.  That's like saying your neighborhood street lights or
the wires feeding houses are unsafe.  Just nuts with nothing I know of
to back up the claims.

Jim