(meteorobs) The prediction of meteor showers from all potential parent comets

karl.antier at laposte.net karl.antier at laposte.net
Fri Oct 17 06:15:38 EDT 2014

Dear Roberto and all,

I'm sorry, but I think do not fully understand your message.

> Because 96P/Machholz and 2003 EH1 come probably from the same
> object, C/1491 B1 (the nearest comet to the Earth of the last
> millenia), and there are too other objects that can to come from that
> comet

So that would mean the Quadrantids would be linked to all the potential objects coming from C/1491 B1 fragmentation ? Even if they evolve now on different orbits? 96P/Machholz and 2003 EH1 have periods close to 5-5.5 years, so I guess those other objects that were issued from the fragmentation of the comet should have nearly the same orbital parameters. Have some of them ever been linked to this comet, except 96P/Machholz and 2003 EH1, or is it just theoritical hypothesis?

> this shower changed its inclination from some degree until more
> 70° two time in the past millenia, it's all this that to do very
> strange this shower.

>From what I read, the Quadrantids meteor shower was discovered in 1825.
Are thus those incliantion changes due to comet orbits modifications or so? Or to some other physical phenomena?
Again, is it just theoritical, or are there some old observations report of current unknown showers that could be linked to the actual Quadrantids?

Thanks in advance for your answer!
Clear skies,
Karl