(meteorobs) Phoenicids 2014 (Mikiya Sato)

Иван Брюханов betelgeize_astro at mail.ru
Wed Oct 22 12:07:40 EDT 2014

 Dear all and Mikiya Sato,

I am Ivan Bryukhanov.
Thanks for the info
We will support your observation ...

Clear skies !!!

Ivan
Minsk, Belarus
===================
Message: 4
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 01:45:32 +0900
From: Mikiya Sato <mail at kaicho.net>
Subject: (meteorobs) Phoenicids 2014
To: Meteor science and meteor observing <meteorobs at meteorobs.org>

Dear all,

I am Mikiya Sato.
This year, an active shower of Phoenicids is expected on Dec.1-2.
I summarized the information of Phoenicids 2014 in web.

http://meteor.kaicho.net/PHO2014/

Main trails were formed by dust ejected in the early 20th century.
The peak time is forecasted to be between 23:00 on Dec. 1 and
 1:00 on Dec. 2. But whole peak will be continuous because of
low inclination of the orbit.

The highest activity is expected to be about 150 (HR).
But the activity will become smaller if the cometary activity
 of a parent body in the early 20th century was weak.
Recently, a cometary activity of the parent is very weak.
So, the hourly rate may become half or less.

We are planning the observation at La Palma in the Canary Islands.
But the observing condition is not so good.
I hope more observations.

Mikiya Sato
mail at kaicho.net