(meteorobs) Student observations

HEADLIGHTS Studio studio at studioofbluelight.com
Fri Sep 5 00:14:58 EDT 2014

Hello Terry

Arkansas has good darkness in some areas. Install Google Earth and download
the KML extension.

<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCAQFj
AA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.umich.edu%2F~lowbrows%2Fguide%2Fgoogle%2F269838-Arti
ficialNightSkyBrightnessforNorthAmerica.kmz&ei=fDUJVN7ACcOVyASo2YDQBQ&usg=AF
QjCNGBDN3PwTuj31DzmGx71iPM0cazjA&sig2=rDoW17GFEOu4lJRNWzvWBg> Artificial
Night Sky Brightness for North America

It installs into Google Earth's Temporary Places when you chose Open. You
can drag it to My Places. This will show you where to travel for Star
Parties.

I suggest trying to photograph the sky with your students. A point and shoot
camera on a tripod (or a DSLR camera with a BULB/remote control) with long
exposure times reveal more than the eye will ever see especially in good
darkness; the Milky Way, Orion and the coming Winter sky are spectacular.