(meteorobs) Meteorite leaves crater in Nicaraguan capital Managua

Karl Antier karl.antier at laposte.net
Mon Sep 8 08:50:43 EDT 2014

Hi everybody,

What seems weird to me, is that anytime an asteroid is announced to pass close to the Earth, a flurry of observed fireball (linked to the close approach) or even meteorite impacts happe,n at the same time.
And about this story, what's weird too, is that people actually hearing the explosion do not report having seen a big flash ligh prior to the explosion. Which, to me, is enough to rule out the meteorite hypothesis... And as it seems to be close to an airport, there should also be some video records of the events, shouldn't it?

My 2 cents on the topic...
Clear skies!
Karl