(meteorobs) Sat re-entry - New Mexico - of possible interest to meteor observers

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at online.nl
Tue Sep 9 10:24:48 EDT 2014

Thomas Ashcraft schreef op 9-9-2014 4:55:
> I think I captured a satellite re-entry on the evening of September 02,
> 2014, from 2231 MDT to 2233 MDT.  COSMOS 2495 -  as it passed over New
> Mexico just before it turned into a fireball over Colorado.
>
> Notes and video/radio at link below:
>
> https://vimeo.com/105618310
>
> Thomas Ashcraft
> Radio Fireball Observatory
> New Mexico

It was too low at the time of your observation to be illuminated by sunlight, so
it is plasma-forming (fireball) already in your imagery.

What are your exact coordinates?

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco Langbroek  -  SatTrackCam Leiden, the Netherlands.

Station (b)log: http://sattrackcam.blogspot.com
Twitter: @Marco_Langbroek
-----