(meteorobs) LYRs on April 21/22 from southern Maryland

Richard Taibi rjtaibi at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 23 16:29:02 EDT 2015

 I held a one-hour watch from Bel Alton, Maryland on April 22, 7:21-8:22 UT before being clouded out.  Limiting magnitude was +5 but the sky seemed hazier in the first half hour.  Even though cloudless, the meteor rate was poor: a total of four.  Only two, +3 magnitude Lyrids were seen in the second half hour of the session.  The brightest meteor was a -1 sporadic in the second half hour; it left a trace behind, for less than a second.  The last meteor I saw was a fourth magnitude sporadic.
 Rich