(meteorobs) Lyrids Apr. 22/23 - South Carolina

Paul Roggemans paul.roggemans at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:17:02 EDT 2015

I checked my 3 camera's of the Benelux CAMS network for 22-23 April.
Normally meteor activity is about the lowest of the year in April, but this
night had about twice the usual number of meteors captured, many were
likely Lyrids but I'll have to wait to see the double station results with
orbits and precise radiant determination. Lyrids are not comparable in
activity level to any other non periodic annual meteor shower, activity is
normally rather low. The hourly rates are rather modest but compared to the
very low sporadic background the Lyrids are well noticed.

Meanwhile our cameras capture for 23-24 April,

Paul