(meteorobs) "flashbulb" type meteors?

trigo at ice.cat trigo at ice.cat
Sat Apr 18 08:52:49 EDT 2015

> Thomas,
>
> The Kappa Cygnids can produce “flashbulb” meteors. I’ve seen a few
> while watching the Perseids and they are definitely distinctive.
>
> - Carl

Good point Carl and Thomas,

The Kappa Cygnids can be considered the prototype, but let me point out
the North Chi Orionids and Gamma Hydrids in December. They should be
extremely fragile and containing extremely friable phases. The flash
typically occurs after the catastrophic disruption of the particle.

Best regards from Barcelona,

Dr. Josep M. Trigo-Rodríguez
Tenured Scientist at the Institute of Space Sciences (CSIC-IEEC)
P.I. Meteorites, Minor Bodies and Planetary Sciences Research Group
Group homepage: http://www.ice.cat/en/view_research_line.php?RID=16
Research papers: http://www.spmn.uji.es/ESP/ICE_Meteorite_group.html
Campus UAB, Carrer de Can Magrans, s/n
08193 Cerdanyola del Vallés (Barcelona), Catalonia, Spain
E-mail: trigo at ice.csic.es
Homepage: http://www.spmn.uji.es/ESP/trigo.html
ICE homepage: http://www.ice.cat
Telephone: +34 93 7379788, Ext: 933069 (lab:933081)