(meteorobs) Perseids 8/10/15 from Mathias, WVa

george gwgliba at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 14:03:51 EDT 2015

                    Screech Owl Hill Observatory,  Mountain Meadows
                             Mathias, West Virginia - August, 10, 2015

Last night it was mostly cloudy, but during a couple of sucker holes from 12:15 to
1:15 am I saw about a dozen Perseids,  Two were especially nice with long duration
persistent trains that were -1 and 0 magnitude.  Unfortunately I wasn’t recording data.
After I ran back into the cabin to get my tape recorder, watch, and red flashlight,  I
came back out and was greeted with a incoming massive overcast of clouds.  Oh well,
at least I saw some nice Perseids before the overcast.  I am eagerly awaiting the max
on Wed./Thurs. night.

Starry Skies,
GWG