(meteorobs) Aug 11/12 Perseids Indianapolis Southeast Side

Paul Zeller pzeller1966 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 06:02:57 EDT 2015

  Wow! One night before the predicted maximum, the Perseids put on a great
show two hours before dawn on Wednesday. I had a very clear sky and was
looking high in the North-Northeast. Limiting magnitude was 5.2 (about as
good as it gets).

  I haven't put together detailed notes from my digital voice recorder yet,
but here's a brief rundown... 27 meteors total in two hours.

  7:30 UT - 8:30 UT Aug. 12 -
  16 meteors total (15 Perseids, 1 Sporadic)

  8:30 UT - 9:30 UT Aug. 12 -
  11 meteors total (8 Perseids, 1 Eta Eridanid, 2 Sporadics)

  I'm hoping for skies just as clear tomorrow morning!

  Paul Zeller