(meteorobs) Perseids from SoCal (Preliminary Results)

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Thu Aug 13 09:28:25 EDT 2015

I was out for 4 1/2 hours this morning from the local mountains. The sky was clear for the entire session and the Perseids put on a fine show. I would guess my best hour produced 40-50 Perseids. I didn't have a complete hour as I was interrupted in one way or another throughout the night. The brightest meteor of the night was a brilliant white -5 teardrop-shaped Kappa Cygnid. The brightest Perseid was a -4 beauty that left a 30 second train. There were 3 pairs of simultaneous Perseids and several other close calls.

More Later after I have had some sleep...

Bob in San Diego