(meteorobs) Perseids Aug 10/11 Oklahoma

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 17:51:34 EDT 2015

 I got kicked off the mailing list quite a while ago and made a run or two at reinstatement but must have kept doing something wrong.
Gave it another try with the Perseids upon us, and hot-diggity, I am back on.  Enjoy seeing the posts especially as excitement builds for the peak of a good shower.
I was out between 06:20 and 07:20 UT last night and saw 11 Perseids.  The first 30 minutes mostly faint meteors but the last few included a 0 and a -1.  Eked out a LM of 5.2 but tonight may be a bit better as drier air has settled over the southern plains.  Will upload to IMO database.
Here's hoping for a good show!
Bill GodleyOK