(meteorobs) Gotta a bad feeling I lost 77MHz!

Michael Boschat andromed at dal.ca
Sat Aug 22 10:15:36 EDT 2015

Hi:

may have spoke too soon....  turned the radio on and bam, the hardest tone with a lot of fluttering on 77.25MHz, I had to drop my

volume to 2/10 to keep that tone down.

 I've been listening for 2 hours and not a single ping at all, not sure it would go over the tone.   Have no idea what happened, should have

tested it out a few days back.

 The weather here is foggy,humid,hot and a few showers.. not sure if this could be a cause of the problem.

oppsss the sun looks like trying to come out now at 11am....   but at this time even during the Perseids or even before the tone would

die out a bit, but it is very strong.

 I have lost tone on 61.25Mhz (ch2) and would need to adjust the filter to test 83.25Mhz  my old frequency....

I'm not sure who is using the 77.25 MHz...

Clear skies
Michael Boschat
Halifax Center - Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Astronomy page:  http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa063